Goa to frame guidelines for students` safety in schools
Panaji: Goa Education department Wednesday said they will draft guidelines for the safety of students in state schools in wake of the sexual abuse of a 7-year-old girl inside the school toilet two days back.
The guidelines were being framed and would be circulated to all the schools, a senior education department official said.
The crux of the guidelines would be that the school should be responsible for the safety of the students, he said.
"The student is in the custody of the school management, not parents, during school hours. So it is their responsibility to ensure that they are safe," the official said, on condition of anonymity.
A seven-year-old girl was raped inside the school toilet in Vasco town on Monday morning, sparking outrage among the parents and locals.
The accused was yet to be traced by police, even as the headmistress of the school was taken in custody for negligence.
The department is also preparing a detailed report about the incident, which would be submitted to the state government, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan