Goa to get new hospital for ESI beneficiaries
Panaji: A new hospital under Employees State Insurance (ESI) scheme would be constructed in Goa in addition to the existing facility in south district which is currently undergoing upgradation, the state government said Wednesday.
The 100-bed hospital will come up in Porvorim constituency near Panaji, state Labour and Employment Minister Avertano Furtado told the Legislative Assembly here today.
However, the minister refused to divulge any time frame for the completion of the project.
Total 1.6 lakh beneficiaries are covered by ESI in the state, who basically belong to the working class, Furtado said.
The existing ESI hospital in Margao town, 35 kms away from here, is partially upgraded, he said.
"It is functioning with the facilities like Out Patient Department (OPD) and emergency services," Furtado said, adding that the construction of next phase of Margao facility would be completed by June this year.
Raising the issue, Congress legislator Digambar Kamat demanded that the hospital should extend its facilities even to the non-ESI beneficiaries as the existing health facilities are inadequate to meet the requirement of increasing number of patients.
Furtado said recruitment of 28 doctors and 94 nurses would be undertaken by the concerned authorities as the current strength is insufficient.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly