Goa to give grant for development of panchayats
Panaji: Goa government will launch its ambitious programme providing grants up to Rs one crore for creating infrastructure in various panchayats on October 25.
The `Din Dayal Panchayat Raj Infrastructure Development Scheme` will provide non-refundable grant up to Rs one crore for setting up of durable infrastructure for the panchayats, state Panchayati Raj Minister Laxmikant Parsekar told reporters here today.
Goa has 190 village panchayats and all are eligible for the grant.
The scheme would be launched on October 25 at Taleigao, a village near Panaji, wherein 10-15 panchayats would be given the sanction letter, he said, adding that the ministry has received applications from 21 panchayats.
The state government has decided to provide the grants to all the panchayats in next four years in a phased manner. Every panchayat will get the money in three instalments, Parsekar said.
The grants are provided to commemorate 50 years of the panchayati raj system in Goa. The first election for panchayat in Goa was held on October 24, 1962, he mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!