Goa to give grant for development of panchayats
Panaji: Goa government will launch its ambitious programme providing grants up to Rs one crore for creating infrastructure in various panchayats on October 25.
The `Din Dayal Panchayat Raj Infrastructure Development Scheme` will provide non-refundable grant up to Rs one crore for setting up of durable infrastructure for the panchayats, state Panchayati Raj Minister Laxmikant Parsekar told reporters here today.
Goa has 190 village panchayats and all are eligible for the grant.
The scheme would be launched on October 25 at Taleigao, a village near Panaji, wherein 10-15 panchayats would be given the sanction letter, he said, adding that the ministry has received applications from 21 panchayats.
The state government has decided to provide the grants to all the panchayats in next four years in a phased manner. Every panchayat will get the money in three instalments, Parsekar said.
The grants are provided to commemorate 50 years of the panchayati raj system in Goa. The first election for panchayat in Goa was held on October 24, 1962, he mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them