Goa to give grant for development of panchayats
Panaji: Goa government will launch its ambitious programme providing grants up to Rs one crore for creating infrastructure in various panchayats on October 25.
The `Din Dayal Panchayat Raj Infrastructure Development Scheme` will provide non-refundable grant up to Rs one crore for setting up of durable infrastructure for the panchayats, state Panchayati Raj Minister Laxmikant Parsekar told reporters here today.
Goa has 190 village panchayats and all are eligible for the grant.
The scheme would be launched on October 25 at Taleigao, a village near Panaji, wherein 10-15 panchayats would be given the sanction letter, he said, adding that the ministry has received applications from 21 panchayats.
The state government has decided to provide the grants to all the panchayats in next four years in a phased manner. Every panchayat will get the money in three instalments, Parsekar said.
The grants are provided to commemorate 50 years of the panchayati raj system in Goa. The first election for panchayat in Goa was held on October 24, 1962, he mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH