Goa to give grant for development of panchayats
Panaji: Goa government will launch its ambitious programme providing grants up to Rs one crore for creating infrastructure in various panchayats on October 25.
The `Din Dayal Panchayat Raj Infrastructure Development Scheme` will provide non-refundable grant up to Rs one crore for setting up of durable infrastructure for the panchayats, state Panchayati Raj Minister Laxmikant Parsekar told reporters here today.
Goa has 190 village panchayats and all are eligible for the grant.
The scheme would be launched on October 25 at Taleigao, a village near Panaji, wherein 10-15 panchayats would be given the sanction letter, he said, adding that the ministry has received applications from 21 panchayats.
The state government has decided to provide the grants to all the panchayats in next four years in a phased manner. Every panchayat will get the money in three instalments, Parsekar said.
The grants are provided to commemorate 50 years of the panchayati raj system in Goa. The first election for panchayat in Goa was held on October 24, 1962, he mentioned.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living