Goa to help in house construction, last rites of tribals
Panaji: Goa government has decided to provide financial help to tribals to construct their houses and to conduct final rites of the community members.
State tribal welfare minister Ramesh Tawadkar said that under the `Atal Asra Yojna`, financial assistance worth Rs 2.5 lakh for construction of new house and Rs 1 lakh for repairs of old structure would be provided by the government to the scheduled tribe (ST) community members.
"The objective of the scheme is to provide supplementary financial assistance for construction and repair of houses to STs," the minister said.
The scheme would be in addition to the amount sanctioned under the already existing Rajiv Awas Yojna so that the cost of borrowing is reduced for construction of houses by the poor tribal families, he said.
The government has also launched a scheme providing Rs 20,000 for the final rites of a ST community member, whose average annual income is less than Rs 1.5 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29