Goa to revamp police force, to scrap Regional Plan
Panaji: The newly elected Goa government is
committed to revamp the police department to crack down on the
drug mafia, state Governor K Sankarnarayanan said on Tuesday.
He also announced that the controversial Regional Plan
2021 would be scraped.
"My government is committed to improve crime detection
rate and revamp the whole police department in order to crack
down on drug mafia," the Governor said while addressing the
first session of the newly elected legislative assembly today.
He said that the government will go to any extent to
ensure safety and peace for every Goan.
"No FIR will be refused though this may distort the
statistics to apparent disadvantage of the government in short
time frame," he said.
The new government in Goa has also decided to scrap the
controversial Regional Plan, a land use document.
The Governor said that the state government would
denotify the Regional Plan 2021 and formulate a new one in
consultation with all stakeholders.
"My government firmly believes in grass-root planning and
participation of people in all development activities of the
state," the Governor said.
RP 2021 had raised controversy after civil society
activists termed the plan as `robbery of the state?s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends