Goa tourism players look to diversify offerings
Panaji: From the scenic beaches of Goa to
the world famous heritage monuments of Hampi in neighbouring
Karnataka, the tourism players in the state want to diversify
their packages to attract more travellers.
"The most successful circuit in the country right now
is Jaipur-Agra-Delhi golden triangle. Efforts are on to make a
similar tourism circuit running across Goa-Karnataka and
Maharashtra," Nikhil Desai, Managing Director, Goa Tourism
Development Corporation (GTDC), told reporters here today.
"Efforts should be undertaken to create mega circuits
so that we offer a vast variety of products to the visitors."
Desai said the International Travel Mart (ITM) planned
in October in Goa will market these tourism circuits.
"We want to club Hampi and Badami with scenic beaches
in Dandeli (Karnataka)) and Goa. All these make a complete
circuit," he said.
If operators club attractions in Karnataka with Goa
packages, it will strengthen and diversify offerings," Ralf de
Souza, ex-Chairman, Travel & Tourism Association of Goa, said.
Eyeing over 150 participants for the ITM, Goa Tourism
Director Swapnil Naik said interaction with stakeholders will
clear misconceptions about safety of tourists in the state.
Naik said there was a shift in the pattern of tourists
visiting Goa. "Earlier there were 80 per cent charter
tourists, while 20 per cent were free independent travellers.
Now the percentage is 50:50."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon