Goa Vikas Party’s Pacheco may go back to NCP
Panaji: Goa Vikas Party chief Fracisco Miccky Pacheco on Saturday hinted at merging his party with Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
"I had several proposals. There was a proposal even from NCP, but we have not decided anything. Nothing can be ruled out," Pacheco said, when asked by reporters about the speculation that he may go back to NCP.
NCP, left without a single legislator in the Goa Legislative Assembly, wanted a presence in the house, and hence it approached GVP, Pacheco claimed.
Pacheco quit NCP before the last Assembly elections to float GVP. It won two seats and supported the Parrikar-led state government later.
But during the last one and half years, Pacheco said, Parrikar failed
to fulfil the promises made to the people.
"When Parrikar was leader of opposition, he came out with the document (public accounts committee report) which mentioned illegal mining worth crores of rupees. But last one and half years he is in power, he has failed to act against those whom he had named in the document," Pacheco said.
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event on Tuesday?
- Former Jana Sangh president Balraj Madhok passes away, PM Modi condoles death
- Confirmed! Secretaries panel reviewing 7th CPC to submit report in June; likely to recommend better pay
- Bipasha Basu-Karan Singh Grover wedding: Have you seen these latest PICTURES?
- Bedtime VR Stories: The perfect remote parenting app for travelling parents - Watch!