Goa Vikas Party’s Pacheco may go back to NCP
Panaji: Goa Vikas Party chief Fracisco Miccky Pacheco on Saturday hinted at merging his party with Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
"I had several proposals. There was a proposal even from NCP, but we have not decided anything. Nothing can be ruled out," Pacheco said, when asked by reporters about the speculation that he may go back to NCP.
NCP, left without a single legislator in the Goa Legislative Assembly, wanted a presence in the house, and hence it approached GVP, Pacheco claimed.
Pacheco quit NCP before the last Assembly elections to float GVP. It won two seats and supported the Parrikar-led state government later.
But during the last one and half years, Pacheco said, Parrikar failed
to fulfil the promises made to the people.
"When Parrikar was leader of opposition, he came out with the document (public accounts committee report) which mentioned illegal mining worth crores of rupees. But last one and half years he is in power, he has failed to act against those whom he had named in the document," Pacheco said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'