Goa warns against spread of MMS showing violence
Panaji: A day after the Goa government reassured people from the North-East of their security, the state police on Saturday warned against the spread of an MMS, which shows graphic violence targeting a particular community.
"The spread of such video may hurt religious sentiments of a certain section of the society and may lead to disturbances in otherwise peaceful state," a statement issued by the Goa Police says.
The Central government on Friday banned bulk SMSes and MMSes for 15 days in view of the exodus of people from the North-East from major cities across the country following rumours that they would be attacked.
It also cautions people "not to fall prey to the video clippings and maintain calm and peace".
"The spread of the video is mischievous and may cause communal disharmony," police said.
In a bid to make the northeast people in Goa feel secure and at home, the state government on Friday issued a formal statement pledging itself to their security.
"In view of the recent reports indicating apprehension in the minds of the people from the northeastern parts of the country, regarding their safety and security in certain parts of the country... The government of Goa assures the people from northeast that their safety and security is of prime concern and that there is no cause to worry," the statement said.
The statement follows rumours of impending attacks on people from the northeast in other parts of the country, following violent clashes in Assam, earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark