Goa - where petrol is cheaper than diesel
Panaji: After the Friday hike in fuel prices by the Central government, petrol is now cheaper than diesel in this western Indian state, known for cheap liqour.
While petrol is currently priced at Rs 52.10, the hike of 90 paise (Rs 1.09 post state government tax) takes diesel price to Rs 52.70.
The cost of petrol in Goa is the lowest in the country after the Manohar Parrikar-led government slashed VAT to 0.1 percent as part of a promise made in the party`s 2012 election manifesto. At that time, the decision resulted in petrol prices dropping by a mammoth Rs 11.
President of the All Goa Petrol dealers association Paresh Joshi, the dynamics of fuel prices tilting in favour of petrol, consumers may go for petrol cars, instead of diesel vehicles to save money, unlike elsewhere in the country, where the trend is the opposite.
"It won`t make a difference to us because a majority of petrol pumps have both fuels. But consumer trends may change vis-a-vis buying petrol or diesel vehicles," Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday