`Goa would have given Kasab, Guru proper hanging`
Panaji: If Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru were handed to the Goa government then they would have been "hung properly", putting the country on notice of it, a minister here said.
"The central government should have publicly said that they these are the people who attacked the country and hung them no matter what anyone says. Or they should have handed them over to the Goa government. We would have hung them properly," state tourism minister Dileep Parulekar said while commenting on the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government`s "inability" to counter terror threats in light of the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad Thursday evening.
"Look at the bombing in Hyderabad. It only goes to show that the central government does not have neither the power nor the will to curb terrorism," Parulekar said Friday.
"Why were we told about the Kasab death after the hanging? And of Afzal Guru... they have let down the country by doing this," the tourism minister added.
Parulekar also said that the families of those who died during the terror attacks had been betrayed by the hangings of Kasab and Guru which were conducted in secrecy.
Pakistan national Ajmal Kasab was one of the main accused in the 26/11 terror attack in Mumbai and was hung from the gallows at the Yerwada jail near Pune Nov 21 last year.
On Feb 9, Afzal Guru was hung till death at the Tihar jail in New Delhi and buried near his solitary cell. He was sentenced to death for his role in the attack on Parliament House December 13, 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!