Goan stabbed to death in UK town
London: Indian origin Raymond Pereira,
who migrated to the UK last year, was brutally killed
allegedly by a fellow Goan in British Wiltshire county`s
The local police have launched an inquiry into the
murder of 40-year-old Pereira on Friday, and two local men
aged 22 and 23 have been arrested, reports from Swindon said.
The large Goan community in Swindon is in a state of
shock after the killing of Pereira in the city centre.
"Following initial inquiries we believe that the two
men arrested did know the deceased and we are continuing to
try and establish the circumstances surrounding the incident,"
said Detective Superintendent Sean Memory.
Superintendent Wayne Bonne, from the Gablecross
police station, said enquiries "are very much in their
A post-mortem examination revealed that Pereira died
from multiple stab wounds. The police recovered a weapon from
"I would like to thank the local community for their
assistance so far which has enabled us to make two early
arrests," Bonne said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui