Goan stabbed to death in UK town
London: Indian origin Raymond Pereira,
who migrated to the UK last year, was brutally killed
allegedly by a fellow Goan in British Wiltshire county`s
The local police have launched an inquiry into the
murder of 40-year-old Pereira on Friday, and two local men
aged 22 and 23 have been arrested, reports from Swindon said.
The large Goan community in Swindon is in a state of
shock after the killing of Pereira in the city centre.
"Following initial inquiries we believe that the two
men arrested did know the deceased and we are continuing to
try and establish the circumstances surrounding the incident,"
said Detective Superintendent Sean Memory.
Superintendent Wayne Bonne, from the Gablecross
police station, said enquiries "are very much in their
A post-mortem examination revealed that Pereira died
from multiple stab wounds. The police recovered a weapon from
"I would like to thank the local community for their
assistance so far which has enabled us to make two early
arrests," Bonne said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?