Goan stabbed to death in UK town
London: Indian origin Raymond Pereira,
who migrated to the UK last year, was brutally killed
allegedly by a fellow Goan in British Wiltshire county`s
The local police have launched an inquiry into the
murder of 40-year-old Pereira on Friday, and two local men
aged 22 and 23 have been arrested, reports from Swindon said.
The large Goan community in Swindon is in a state of
shock after the killing of Pereira in the city centre.
"Following initial inquiries we believe that the two
men arrested did know the deceased and we are continuing to
try and establish the circumstances surrounding the incident,"
said Detective Superintendent Sean Memory.
Superintendent Wayne Bonne, from the Gablecross
police station, said enquiries "are very much in their
A post-mortem examination revealed that Pereira died
from multiple stab wounds. The police recovered a weapon from
"I would like to thank the local community for their
assistance so far which has enabled us to make two early
arrests," Bonne said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'