Goans` positive thinking will help gov perform: Parrikar
Panaji: Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday called upon Goans to think positively which, he said, will help the state government fulfill its promises.
Speaking at the Goa Liberation Day celebrations here, Parrikar said: "Goans need to do positive thinking... We should all take a pledge to think positively. It will help the government complete all assurances."
Goa Liberation Day is celebrated to mark the day the Indian army marched into Portuguese-held Goa and freed it from the 450-year-old colonial rule Dec 19, 1961.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led coalition government has come under criticism for failing to deliver on several promises in the party`s election manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH