Goans` positive thinking will help gov perform: Parrikar
Panaji: Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday called upon Goans to think positively which, he said, will help the state government fulfill its promises.
Speaking at the Goa Liberation Day celebrations here, Parrikar said: "Goans need to do positive thinking... We should all take a pledge to think positively. It will help the government complete all assurances."
Goa Liberation Day is celebrated to mark the day the Indian army marched into Portuguese-held Goa and freed it from the 450-year-old colonial rule Dec 19, 1961.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led coalition government has come under criticism for failing to deliver on several promises in the party`s election manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown