Goa`s check post remains unmanned; DIG order confuses cops
Panaji: Goa`s vital check post bordering
neighbouring Maharashtra was left unmanned for around four
hours today, as the police officers misinterpreted an order by
Goa Director General of Police.
The post at Patradevi was dismantled after DGP B S Bassi
ordered that the regular checking on all the state borders
will stop from today onwards to avoid inconvenience to the
Interestingly, few hours after the order, the officers
attached to Patradevi check post vacated the post. It was only
after Deputy Inspector General of Police Ravindra Yadav
informed them to set it back, the activities re-started.
Yadav said that the regular checking at all the state`s
borders was stopped to avoid harassment caused to the innocent
vehicle drivers. "We are not abandoning the check posts. There
will be random checking in place of regular one," the DIG
He said that the suspicious vehicles would be thoroughly
checked. "We want to have element of surprise in the
checking," Yadav added.
The state is guarded by check posts installed at borders
like Patradevi, Polem, Mollem and Nhaybag, which checks the
vehicles entering from neighbouring Maharashtra and Karnataka
The affairs of state`s borders were under scanner after
surprise raids by police department twice in the past had
found its constables demanding bribe from the vehicles and
The DIG, when questioned about the corruption at the
check posts, refused to comment on them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!