Goa`s check post remains unmanned; DIG order confuses cops
Panaji: Goa`s vital check post bordering
neighbouring Maharashtra was left unmanned for around four
hours today, as the police officers misinterpreted an order by
Goa Director General of Police.
The post at Patradevi was dismantled after DGP B S Bassi
ordered that the regular checking on all the state borders
will stop from today onwards to avoid inconvenience to the
Interestingly, few hours after the order, the officers
attached to Patradevi check post vacated the post. It was only
after Deputy Inspector General of Police Ravindra Yadav
informed them to set it back, the activities re-started.
Yadav said that the regular checking at all the state`s
borders was stopped to avoid harassment caused to the innocent
vehicle drivers. "We are not abandoning the check posts. There
will be random checking in place of regular one," the DIG
He said that the suspicious vehicles would be thoroughly
checked. "We want to have element of surprise in the
checking," Yadav added.
The state is guarded by check posts installed at borders
like Patradevi, Polem, Mollem and Nhaybag, which checks the
vehicles entering from neighbouring Maharashtra and Karnataka
The affairs of state`s borders were under scanner after
surprise raids by police department twice in the past had
found its constables demanding bribe from the vehicles and
The DIG, when questioned about the corruption at the
check posts, refused to comment on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video