Goa`s check post remains unmanned; DIG order confuses cops
Panaji: Goa`s vital check post bordering
neighbouring Maharashtra was left unmanned for around four
hours today, as the police officers misinterpreted an order by
Goa Director General of Police.
The post at Patradevi was dismantled after DGP B S Bassi
ordered that the regular checking on all the state borders
will stop from today onwards to avoid inconvenience to the
Interestingly, few hours after the order, the officers
attached to Patradevi check post vacated the post. It was only
after Deputy Inspector General of Police Ravindra Yadav
informed them to set it back, the activities re-started.
Yadav said that the regular checking at all the state`s
borders was stopped to avoid harassment caused to the innocent
vehicle drivers. "We are not abandoning the check posts. There
will be random checking in place of regular one," the DIG
He said that the suspicious vehicles would be thoroughly
checked. "We want to have element of surprise in the
checking," Yadav added.
The state is guarded by check posts installed at borders
like Patradevi, Polem, Mollem and Nhaybag, which checks the
vehicles entering from neighbouring Maharashtra and Karnataka
The affairs of state`s borders were under scanner after
surprise raids by police department twice in the past had
found its constables demanding bribe from the vehicles and
The DIG, when questioned about the corruption at the
check posts, refused to comment on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown