Goa`s CM admits failure in introducing reforms
Panaji: Goa`s Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday admitted that during his one-and-a-half year governance, he has failed to induce reforms in the administration, the way he had promised before the elections.
"I won`t call it a regret, but I admit that I have not been able to tighten the screw around the administration. I believe it can be reformed further which I have not been able to do," Parrikar said while addressing a gathering here today.
The BJP leader, however, said that the people should not rush into any conclusions as assurances given before the elections would be fulfilled over the period of five years and government has completed only one-and-a-half year.
Responding to a question, Parrikar assured crack down on corruption in government job recruitments, if any instances are brought to his notice.
"I will crack down on anyone who is found involved in corruption in government job recruitments," Parrikar said appealing people to bring such instances to his notice so that the action can be taken.
"You can e-mail me your complaints or send it in the form of a confidential letter. I am available to public every Tuesday... You can meet me and hand over the letter or send it through someone," the Chief Minister said assuring complete confidentiality on the name of the complainant.
Parrikar also came to the rescue of his ministers claiming that "there might be some third persons accepting bribe in the name of officers or ministers."
"Give me concrete evidence so that I can act," he said.
Incidentally, Parrikar had scrapped several hundred job recruitment process initiated by the preceding Congress government after it took over the reins in March 2012, claiming recruitments were done as a favour to garner votes during the then impending elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!