Goa`s CM admits failure in introducing reforms
Panaji: Goa`s Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday admitted that during his one-and-a-half year governance, he has failed to induce reforms in the administration, the way he had promised before the elections.
"I won`t call it a regret, but I admit that I have not been able to tighten the screw around the administration. I believe it can be reformed further which I have not been able to do," Parrikar said while addressing a gathering here today.
The BJP leader, however, said that the people should not rush into any conclusions as assurances given before the elections would be fulfilled over the period of five years and government has completed only one-and-a-half year.
Responding to a question, Parrikar assured crack down on corruption in government job recruitments, if any instances are brought to his notice.
"I will crack down on anyone who is found involved in corruption in government job recruitments," Parrikar said appealing people to bring such instances to his notice so that the action can be taken.
"You can e-mail me your complaints or send it in the form of a confidential letter. I am available to public every Tuesday... You can meet me and hand over the letter or send it through someone," the Chief Minister said assuring complete confidentiality on the name of the complainant.
Parrikar also came to the rescue of his ministers claiming that "there might be some third persons accepting bribe in the name of officers or ministers."
"Give me concrete evidence so that I can act," he said.
Incidentally, Parrikar had scrapped several hundred job recruitment process initiated by the preceding Congress government after it took over the reins in March 2012, claiming recruitments were done as a favour to garner votes during the then impending elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days