Goa`s crusading church NGO website hacked
Panaji: A website of a Roman Catholic Church-run NGO has been hacked by unidentified people for the third time in recent years, said a church official Friday.
The alleged hacker "Spa@rrow 007" has said on the website of the Council of Social Justice and Peace (CSJP), a social wing of the influential Church in Goa, that he/she belongs to a group called "Indian hackers", who "love hacking and India".
"So, Please Patch Your System ... and Thnk`z ..." is the part-advice, part-consolatory message left behind on the home page of the CSJP`s website, www.csjp.org.
Post-hacking, the home page also has a `Vande Mataram` chime and has an animated graphic of a girl carrying the national tricolour.
According to executive secretary of the CSJP, Savio Fernandes, this is the "third time that the website has been hacked" and the CSJP was further "examining the issue".
CSJP, a social organization has been in the news over the last few years for taking on the Goa government over issues related to infrastructure, ground water management, illegal mining, and from devolution of state powers to ground level institutions. It has also targeted the Israeli tourists for their boorish behaviour while visiting the state.
The Roman Catholic Church is an influential institution in Goa, which has a Catholic population of over 25 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof