Goa`s first Lokayukta sworn in amid black flag protest
Panaji: Goa`s first Lokyukta, Justice (retd.) B. Sudarshan Reddy, was sworn in Saturday amidst a black flag protest by the opposition about his "non-transparent" appointment.
After being sworn in at the Raj Bhavan, located at Dona Paula, a short distance from here, Reddy, a former Supreme Court judge, said: "I will do everything possible to eliminate corruption from Goa."
He said that he would be formally assuming office in two weeks but refused to take questions from the media.
A short distance from the Raj Bhavan, the opposition raised black flags in protest against Reddy`s appointment.
"Goa has got a `yes man` as a Lokayukta. The process of Reddy`s appointment is non transparent and questionable," said Reginaldo Lourenco of the Save Goa Front (SGF).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?