Goa`s first Lokayukta sworn in amid black flag protest
Panaji: Goa`s first Lokyukta, Justice (retd.) B. Sudarshan Reddy, was sworn in Saturday amidst a black flag protest by the opposition about his "non-transparent" appointment.
After being sworn in at the Raj Bhavan, located at Dona Paula, a short distance from here, Reddy, a former Supreme Court judge, said: "I will do everything possible to eliminate corruption from Goa."
He said that he would be formally assuming office in two weeks but refused to take questions from the media.
A short distance from the Raj Bhavan, the opposition raised black flags in protest against Reddy`s appointment.
"Goa has got a `yes man` as a Lokayukta. The process of Reddy`s appointment is non transparent and questionable," said Reginaldo Lourenco of the Save Goa Front (SGF).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!