Goa`s Selaulim Dam may be open for water sports
Panaji: The Selaulim Dam reservoir that supplies potable and irrigation water to 80 per cent of Goa may now double up as a water sports tourist attraction, the State Legislative Assembly was told here Tuesday.
State Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told the House that there exists a good potential to develop water sports in the reservoir, located in Sanguem taluka of South Goa.
"Such a possibility can be explored after conducting joint study with the officials from department of tourism, water resources department and national institute of water sports," Parulekar said.
He said that the feasibility report on developing the place for water sports is expected to be completed before November 2013.
The five-day assembly session began on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation