Goa`s Selaulim Dam may be open for water sports
Panaji: The Selaulim Dam reservoir that supplies potable and irrigation water to 80 per cent of Goa may now double up as a water sports tourist attraction, the State Legislative Assembly was told here Tuesday.
State Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told the House that there exists a good potential to develop water sports in the reservoir, located in Sanguem taluka of South Goa.
"Such a possibility can be explored after conducting joint study with the officials from department of tourism, water resources department and national institute of water sports," Parulekar said.
He said that the feasibility report on developing the place for water sports is expected to be completed before November 2013.
The five-day assembly session began on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report