Goa`s Selaulim Dam may be open for water sports
Panaji: The Selaulim Dam reservoir that supplies potable and irrigation water to 80 per cent of Goa may now double up as a water sports tourist attraction, the State Legislative Assembly was told here Tuesday.
State Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told the House that there exists a good potential to develop water sports in the reservoir, located in Sanguem taluka of South Goa.
"Such a possibility can be explored after conducting joint study with the officials from department of tourism, water resources department and national institute of water sports," Parulekar said.
He said that the feasibility report on developing the place for water sports is expected to be completed before November 2013.
The five-day assembly session began on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM