Goa`s `serial killer` convicted in rape case
Panaji: A local court on Friday convicted
Goa`s "serial killer" Mahanand Naik for raping his wife`s
The quantum of sentence will be pronounced on Tuesday
by Additional District Judge Nutan Sardesai.
Naik (40) has been booked for allegedly killing 18
women over a period of 15 years.
He was nabbed by police after the victim, in her
twenties, lodged a complaint of rape against him in April
The former autorickshaw driver later reportedly
confessed to killing several women by luring them with
The rape victim told the police that Naik had been
blackmailing her with semi-nude pictures of hers and sexually
assaulted her for over three years.
He has been acquitted in three murder cases, while
police were in the process of filing chargesheets in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail