Panaji: Goa government will decide on banning
Sanatan Sanstha after examining the charge-sheet filed by the
National Investigation Agency against the right-wing outfit in
the Margao blast case, Home Minister Ravi Naik said today.
"We are thoroughly examining the charge-sheet filed by
the NIA in the Margao bomb blast case. After that we will be
able to decide on the ban," Naik told reporters here.
Six members of the outfit have been arrested by the NIA
in the case dealing with the bomb blast in Margoa on the eve
of Diwali last year. Four more suspects in the case are
Naik said since the ban will have national ramification,
the state would examine the issue thoroughly before taking any
Two persons, Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, actively
involved with the activities of Sanatan Sanstha, operating
from Ramnathi village, about 30 kms from here, died when a
bomb went off in their scooter`s dickey.
According to the investigative agency, the pre-mature
blast had avoided a major plan for serial explosions in the
state on October 16, 2009.