Govt to take with Centre on export duty roll back
Panaji: The Goa government has decided to
take up with the Centre the issue of hiked export duty, which
is likely to dent the prospects of iron ore mining industry in
State Chief Minister Digambar Kamat told PTI that his
office has received several representations from bodies
representing mining industry and even from the Goa Chamber of
Commerce and Industry (GCCI) expressing worries over the
"We will represent to the Union government seeking their
intervention to roll back the export duty," Kamat said.
The export duty was hiked from 20 per cent to 30 per cent
from December 30, 2011 onwards, leaving the Iron Ore exporters
Goa Mineral Ore Exporters Association (GMOEA), the body
representing Goan exporters, had said that such a hike would
cripple the trade.
They had also pointed out that the royalty, which is
inversely proportionate to export duty, will plummet this
year, affecting finances of the state.
The GCCI had also written letter to Union Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee to review the hike.
Goa, the biggest exporter of Iron Ore, had sent
assignments of 54 million metric tonnes in the international
market. The state has low grade ores which are not consumable
for the steel industry, until they are blended with the high
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India