Hanging Kasab correct step; what about Afzal Guru: Parrikar
Panaji: Describing the execution of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab as "a correct step", Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today said 2001 Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru should also be executed.
"What should have happened has happened," Parrikar said here, hours after Kasab was hanged at Yerwada jail.
"The Centre has taken a correct step, but what about Afzal Guru?" he said, adding that those who work against the nation cannot be treated like guests.
"Government finally had the courage (to hang Kasab). Now they should also do it for Afzal Guru," he said.
Afzal Guru was convicted for conspiracy in the December 2001 Parliament attack case and the order of his death penalty was upheld by the Supreme Court in 2004. The sentence was scheduled to be carried out on October 20, 2006. However, Guru`s execution was stayed following a mercy plea filed by his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'