Hariprasad coming to Goa to resolve Cong crisis
Panaji: Congress general secretary in-charge of Goa B K Hariprasad is arriving here to hold talks with the dissident MLAs who have threatened to topple the party-led coalition Government over the proposed re-induction of tainted NCP lawmaker Fransisco Pacheco in the Cabinet.
Hariprasad is coming here on Sunday evening and will hold a meeting with dissident legislators tomorrow, the party sources said today.
The latest round of political crisis in the state began last week when a group of ten Congress MLAs, led by PWD Minister Churchill Alemao, warned against taking back Pacheco in the Cabinet as he was facing criminal cases.
Alemao had sought Congress high command`s intervention to resolve the issue.
Sharad Pawar, President of NCP, a key ally in the Congress-led ruling coalition, had asked Chief Minister Digamber Kamat to drop two party Ministers -- Jose Philip D`Souza and NIlkant Halarnkar, and re-induct Pacheco.
There was brief lull on the political front as Kamat had said he will take a decision on accommodating the 46-year-old former Tourism Minister only after Christmas.
The controversial NCP legislator was dropped from the Cabinet in June this year after his name figured in the death case of his female friend Nadia Torraddo.
In the 40-member Assembly, Congress has 20 MLAs, followed by BJP (14), NCP (3), Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (2) and an Independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest