HC issues notices to Goa govt, CBI in drug nexus case
Panaji: The Bombay High Court Tuesday issued
notices to the Goa government, CBI and other probe authorities
in connection with a petition filed by Congress` frontal
student organisation, NSUI in the policemen-drug peddler nexus
The NSUI had filed a petition in the Goa bench of the
High Court pleading that a CBI inquiry should be initiated
into the policemen-politician-drug peddler nexus cases
reported in the state following which a division bench issued
notices to Goa government, Anti-Narcotic Cell, Crime Branch
and CBI, a reply to which has to be given in three weeks.
Advocate General Subodh Kantak appearing on behalf of the
state today sought the time to reply as he said that there was
no need to hurry as the cases were booked 7-9 months back.
Surendra Desai, representing National Students Union of
India, told the court that since investigating agencies have
failed to probe the nexus, the petitioner has moved to the
The petition points out that the investigation carried
out by Crime Branch in the drug nexus case was `faulty`.
The police-politician-drug mafia nexus was exposed last
year after Israeli drug baron Yaniv Benaim alias Atala
confessed about his links with the policemen.
After the case was exposed, Atala`s girlfriend, Lucky
Farmhouse had told media that State Home Home Minister Ravi
Naik`s son, Roy was frequenting at their place.
As Atala jumped the bail and went out of the country, a
month back another sting operation exposed Police Sub
Inspector Sunil Guddler selling charas to two foreign girls.
Both the girls were kin of Israeli drug lord David Driham
alias Dudu who is currently being tried in the narcotics case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal