Headmistress of Goa school gets bail in minor`s rape case
Panaji: A court Tuesday granted bail to Sharlet Furtado, the headmistress of the school in Vasco town, where a seven-year-old girl was raped on January 14.
The Goa Children`s court granted her bail on a surety of Rs 25,000.
The headmistress was arrested on Sunday on charges of negligence on her part, which had resulted in the rape of the minor girl in the school premises.
She was booked under various sections of Goa Children`s Act for negligence.
Furtado has been asked to report to the special investigation team of crime branch, which is probing the case.
Crime branch has also booked a case against school authorities for destruction of evidence after the management allegedly gave bath to the girl, washed her clothes and cleaned the toilet where she was sexually assaulted.
The January 14 rape offence sparked outrage with people protesting on the streets demanding justice.
Goa police formed a 15-member special investigation team to probe the case.
The culprit in the case is yet to be nabbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire