Helicopter purchase scam: NCP against sacking Goa Governor
Panaji: The NCP today opposed Goa BJP`s demand to sack State Governor B V Wanchoo stating that no action can be initiated against him in the helicopter purchase scam unless CBI comes out with specific findings involving him in the case.
"Why should he be asked to resign? He is just being questioned by CBI. Let them (CBI) come with some findings against him before asking him to resign. BJP is trying to run their political agenda through this demand," NCP Goa Spokesman Trojano D`Mello told reporters here today.
The Goa unit of BJP on Monday had demanded Wanchoo`s resignation for being investigated in the AugustaWestland VVIP chopper purchase issue.
The party had demanded that the Governor should step down, or should be sacked, if he refuses to quit voluntarily.
"The sudden outburst of the BJP demanding resignation of the Governor is a clear indication that the party has lost confidence in Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This also indicates that BJP has not overcome the hangover of being an opposition party," he said.
"What does the local unit of BJP has to do with it. Let Prime Minister and Central Cabinet take a decision on it. If the BJP is really worried about tainted people in power, they should sack two of its state ministers against whom chargesheets are filed in the courts," D`Mello said.
State Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar and State Sports Minister Ramesh Tawadkar have been chargesheeted in different cases before the court, and their trial is pending.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan