Helicopter purchase scam: NCP against sacking Goa Governor
Panaji: The NCP today opposed Goa BJP`s demand to sack State Governor B V Wanchoo stating that no action can be initiated against him in the helicopter purchase scam unless CBI comes out with specific findings involving him in the case.
"Why should he be asked to resign? He is just being questioned by CBI. Let them (CBI) come with some findings against him before asking him to resign. BJP is trying to run their political agenda through this demand," NCP Goa Spokesman Trojano D`Mello told reporters here today.
The Goa unit of BJP on Monday had demanded Wanchoo`s resignation for being investigated in the AugustaWestland VVIP chopper purchase issue.
The party had demanded that the Governor should step down, or should be sacked, if he refuses to quit voluntarily.
"The sudden outburst of the BJP demanding resignation of the Governor is a clear indication that the party has lost confidence in Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This also indicates that BJP has not overcome the hangover of being an opposition party," he said.
"What does the local unit of BJP has to do with it. Let Prime Minister and Central Cabinet take a decision on it. If the BJP is really worried about tainted people in power, they should sack two of its state ministers against whom chargesheets are filed in the courts," D`Mello said.
State Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar and State Sports Minister Ramesh Tawadkar have been chargesheeted in different cases before the court, and their trial is pending.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler