Holi revellers celebrate BJP`s victory in Goa
Panaji: Chief Minister-designate Manohar
Parrikar was the cynosure of all eyes as revellers celebrated
Holi here, a day before the BJP-led alliance takes over the
reins of Goa.
The power shift was clearly visible on the streets of
Panaji today as flags of BJP led all rallies during Holi
Parrikar, who will be sworn in as Chief Minister
tomorrow, was the star attraction for the celebration as he
walked into Azad Maidan, without any security, where thousands
of people were celebrating Holi.
The local MLA visited the Mahalaxmi Temple in the morning
before meeting his constituents.
"His celebration began right outside the temple when a
group of 10 youngsters sprinkled colour on him," a BJP
activist, who has been accompanying Parrikar, said.
The MLA was at the Maidan for almost half an hour.
"We knew Parrikar would come here. We had come to wish him
for his future and also wanted to apply colour," Ankita
Shirvaikar, a housewife who had come with her family, said.
Parrikar has become an iconic figure after the March 3
poll results. The crowds were seen following him as he left
the Maidan and proceeded to BJP headquarters.
The to-be chief minister will be deciding on faces for
the new cabinet today.
Sources said eight people including two from ally
Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) would be sworn in
tomorrow at Sports Authority of Goa ground.
As Parrikar got busy in meetings, the rallies continued
in the city. The BJP has won on 21 out of 40 seats sweeping
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal