Huge haul of party drug seized in Goa; three held
Panaji: Ahead of New Year celebrations, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in Goa has confiscated a large haul of `party drug`, a narcotic allegedly being paddled for the beach parties to be held in the state.
NCB sleuths Thursday arrested three locals and seized Ketamine worth Rs 1 crore that was allegedly being brought to be pushed in the coastal belt, which is now abuzz with the Christmas and New Year parties.
The three youths were picked up from north Goa, NCB officials said, adding that their interrogation will reveal further nexus in the drug racket.
This is the biggest seizure of Ketamine in the state so far, NCB claimed.
The confiscated drug is popularly referred to as the `party drug`. It is a scheduled drug available in pharmacies, but needs to be sold only on the prescription by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir