Huge haul of party drug seized in Goa; three held
Panaji: Ahead of New Year celebrations, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in Goa has confiscated a large haul of `party drug`, a narcotic allegedly being paddled for the beach parties to be held in the state.
NCB sleuths Thursday arrested three locals and seized Ketamine worth Rs 1 crore that was allegedly being brought to be pushed in the coastal belt, which is now abuzz with the Christmas and New Year parties.
The three youths were picked up from north Goa, NCB officials said, adding that their interrogation will reveal further nexus in the drug racket.
This is the biggest seizure of Ketamine in the state so far, NCB claimed.
The confiscated drug is popularly referred to as the `party drug`. It is a scheduled drug available in pharmacies, but needs to be sold only on the prescription by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown