Huge haul of party drug seized in Goa; three held
Panaji: Ahead of New Year celebrations, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in Goa has confiscated a large haul of `party drug`, a narcotic allegedly being paddled for the beach parties to be held in the state.
NCB sleuths Thursday arrested three locals and seized Ketamine worth Rs 1 crore that was allegedly being brought to be pushed in the coastal belt, which is now abuzz with the Christmas and New Year parties.
The three youths were picked up from north Goa, NCB officials said, adding that their interrogation will reveal further nexus in the drug racket.
This is the biggest seizure of Ketamine in the state so far, NCB claimed.
The confiscated drug is popularly referred to as the `party drug`. It is a scheduled drug available in pharmacies, but needs to be sold only on the prescription by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad