Huge haul of party drug seized in Goa; three held
Panaji: Ahead of New Year celebrations, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in Goa has confiscated a large haul of `party drug`, a narcotic allegedly being paddled for the beach parties to be held in the state.
NCB sleuths Thursday arrested three locals and seized Ketamine worth Rs 1 crore that was allegedly being brought to be pushed in the coastal belt, which is now abuzz with the Christmas and New Year parties.
The three youths were picked up from north Goa, NCB officials said, adding that their interrogation will reveal further nexus in the drug racket.
This is the biggest seizure of Ketamine in the state so far, NCB claimed.
The confiscated drug is popularly referred to as the `party drug`. It is a scheduled drug available in pharmacies, but needs to be sold only on the prescription by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report