Huge haul of party drug seized in Goa; three held
Panaji: Ahead of New Year celebrations, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in Goa has confiscated a large haul of `party drug`, a narcotic allegedly being paddled for the beach parties to be held in the state.
NCB sleuths Thursday arrested three locals and seized Ketamine worth Rs 1 crore that was allegedly being brought to be pushed in the coastal belt, which is now abuzz with the Christmas and New Year parties.
The three youths were picked up from north Goa, NCB officials said, adding that their interrogation will reveal further nexus in the drug racket.
This is the biggest seizure of Ketamine in the state so far, NCB claimed.
The confiscated drug is popularly referred to as the `party drug`. It is a scheduled drug available in pharmacies, but needs to be sold only on the prescription by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever