Hyd rave party: Parrikar for probing Goa drug link
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said he would ask the state police to probe the busted rave party at Hyderabad for which drugs was reportedly smuggled from Goa.
"I will ask the police to give me details. They will be inquiring with their counterparts in Andhra Pradesh," Parrikar, who is also the state Home Minister, said.
He said he would be able to comment further on the issue only after going through the details collected by police in the case.
Police had busted a rave party at Banjara Hills in Hyderabad on Saturday night and arrested a Ugandan national who had reportedly confessed that he had sourced the drugs from a Nigerian living in Goa. The arrested accused was on a student visa in the country.
Fourteen grams of cocaine, ten packets of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) and 10 pills of micro methylene dioxy methamphetamine (MDMA) were seized by the the police during the raid.
In the past, Parrikar had said the drug menace had been curtailed in Goa to a great extent. "I won`t say that drug is totally out of Goa but certainly it has been reduced," he had told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre