I am projected as Hitler: Goa CM Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said he has been projected as a "villain" by some people though he takes the label as a compliment.
"They are projecting me as a Hitler or as a villain. But I am not bothered. I am taking it as a compliment," Parrikar said during a function organised here by photo journalists association of Goa.
The Chief Minister said that "whoever called Hitler bad did not survive, but people have been calling me Hitler time and again."
Parrikar has been facing criticism through Tiatre, a popular drama form in the state.
The Chief Minister said that he has preferred to ignore such criticism respecting the freedom of speech.
Goa government`s policies have been taking a hit recently with Chief Minister back-tracking on his assurance of not allowing any more off shore casinos in the state when he permitted Delta Corp Limited`s Horseshoe Casino to operate in Mandovi river.
State`s main opposition Congress party during recent press conferences termed Parrikar as "U turn chief minister", claiming that the BJP-led government had failed to keep up the promises made during its election manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites