ICAR seeks funds to set up rice mill for Goa tribal farmers
Panaji: Goa`s tribal farmers may be able to double their profits from rice cultivation by doing away with the traditional way of paddy processing with the help of India`s premier agriculture research institute.
Indian Council for Agricultural Research`s (ICAR) Goa Chapter has sought funds from its Delhi headquarters to install a rice mill at Canacona taluka in South Goa, where 60 per cent of the local population is tribal.
"The rice mill will spare us from boiling the paddy before
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS