ICAR seeks funds to set up rice mill for Goa tribal farmers
Panaji: Goa`s tribal farmers may be able to double their profits from rice cultivation by doing away with the traditional way of paddy processing with the help of India`s premier agriculture research institute.
Indian Council for Agricultural Research`s (ICAR) Goa Chapter has sought funds from its Delhi headquarters to install a rice mill at Canacona taluka in South Goa, where 60 per cent of the local population is tribal.
"The rice mill will spare us from boiling the paddy before
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II