ICAR seeks funds to set up rice mill for Goa tribal farmers
Panaji: Goa`s tribal farmers may be able to double their profits from rice cultivation by doing away with the traditional way of paddy processing with the help of India`s premier agriculture research institute.
Indian Council for Agricultural Research`s (ICAR) Goa Chapter has sought funds from its Delhi headquarters to install a rice mill at Canacona taluka in South Goa, where 60 per cent of the local population is tribal.
"The rice mill will spare us from boiling the paddy before
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights