If you don`t advertise, you may not survive: Touri
Panaji: Goa Government on Wednesday defended its decision to appoint a public relations agency to undertake wider publicity of the tourist state saying even popular global brands constantly advertise their products to boost sales and attract new customers.
Speaking in the Assembly, Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar cited the example of an internationally-acclaimed toothpaste brand to justify the Government`s move.
"Right from my childhood I know that Colgate is a well -established brand of toothpaste. But despite their popularity, you can see they advertise their product everywhere. Because they know if they don`t advertise, they may not survive," he said.
He was explaining the rationale behind employing a PR firm to publicise Goa globally through a campaign.
"Goa Tourism and Goa Tourism Development Corp have decided to tell the world what Goa offers to them through this publicity campaign. Whatever is available in Goa needs to be showcased," he said.
The Minister said the states like Maharashtra, Kerala and Gujarat spend crores of rupees on advertising themselves.
"We don`t want to lose in competition with them."
Parulekar said the state needs more time to create necessary infrastructure on beaches, the main tourist attraction in Goa, which draws over two million vacationers every year.
"While promoting new tourist ventures, we need to sustain our existing strength, which is beach tourism," Parulekar stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared