I`ll cross check Goan`s arrest in drug peddling case: Gadkari
Panaji: BJP President Nitin Gadkari today
said he would personally verify the plea of his party
legislator who sought state government`s intervention in
securing the release of a youth arrested on charges of drug
"The person arrested may be innocent that is why he must
have demanded his release. I will personally cross check
the issue," Gadkari told reporters in Goa.
BJP legislator Dayanand Mandrekar had recently demanded
in the assembly session the state government`s intervention to
release a youth arrested on the charge of drug peddling by
Mumbai police. The youth, who hails from Goa, is currently
lodged in Mumbai jail.
Mandrekar, a former minister in Manohar Parrikar cabinet,
represents coastal Siolim constituency.
BJP`s leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar had demanded
a detailed inquiry into the involvement of politicians in drug
Parrikar had said the probe should be conducted by CBI as
local crime branch was likely to be bogged down by political
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India