I`ll cross check Goan`s arrest in drug peddling case: Gadkari
Panaji: BJP President Nitin Gadkari today
said he would personally verify the plea of his party
legislator who sought state government`s intervention in
securing the release of a youth arrested on charges of drug
"The person arrested may be innocent that is why he must
have demanded his release. I will personally cross check
the issue," Gadkari told reporters in Goa.
BJP legislator Dayanand Mandrekar had recently demanded
in the assembly session the state government`s intervention to
release a youth arrested on the charge of drug peddling by
Mumbai police. The youth, who hails from Goa, is currently
lodged in Mumbai jail.
Mandrekar, a former minister in Manohar Parrikar cabinet,
represents coastal Siolim constituency.
BJP`s leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar had demanded
a detailed inquiry into the involvement of politicians in drug
Parrikar had said the probe should be conducted by CBI as
local crime branch was likely to be bogged down by political
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra