I`ll cross check Goan`s arrest in drug peddling case: Gadkari
Panaji: BJP President Nitin Gadkari today
said he would personally verify the plea of his party
legislator who sought state government`s intervention in
securing the release of a youth arrested on charges of drug
"The person arrested may be innocent that is why he must
have demanded his release. I will personally cross check
the issue," Gadkari told reporters in Goa.
BJP legislator Dayanand Mandrekar had recently demanded
in the assembly session the state government`s intervention to
release a youth arrested on the charge of drug peddling by
Mumbai police. The youth, who hails from Goa, is currently
lodged in Mumbai jail.
Mandrekar, a former minister in Manohar Parrikar cabinet,
represents coastal Siolim constituency.
BJP`s leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar had demanded
a detailed inquiry into the involvement of politicians in drug
Parrikar had said the probe should be conducted by CBI as
local crime branch was likely to be bogged down by political
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley