Illegal mining: Goa govt asked to file FIR against 151 persons
Panaji: The Bombay High Court has directed the Goa government to file FIR against 151 people, including former state ministers, mining company owners and government officials, in connection with illegal mining in the state.
Chief Justice of Bombay High Court Justice Mohit Shah and Justice R P Sondurbaldota has ordered Goa government and state Police to file FIR against all the 151 people accused of illegal mining in Goa as per Justice M B Shah commission report.
Justice Shah, in his extensive report submitted to the Union Mines Ministry, had indicted former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat among other politicians, mine owners and state and central government officials as being responsible for the illegal mining in the state between 2005-2012.
The state has been asked to file FIR within six months. Social activist Kashinath Shetye had filed a complaint with police and CBI on September 15, 2012 against those indicted by the Shah Commission.
As both the agencies failed to register the case, he had moved the high court. Advocate General Atmaram Nadkarni, appearing on behalf of the state, had submitted to the court that since Justice Shah Commission report is challenged before the Supreme Court, the state wants to ensure that in case the challenge succeeds, the FIR would not be null and void.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you