In-camera hearing of Tarun Tejpal`s bail plea
Panaji: The Bombay High Court on Friday continued the in-camera hearing on the bail petition of Tehelka Founder Editor Tarun Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a woman colleague in a lift of a star hotel here.
Arguments were made before the Goa bench of the court, which admitted the bail plea of the 50-year-old journalist, who is currently in the Sada sub-jail.
As trial proceedings were banned for the media and the general public, sources stated that the defence counsel representing Tejpal argued during the morning and arguments continued until late afternoon.
Public prosecutor Saresh Lotlikar stood up to argue around 3 PM, after the defence had argued its case.
The 50-year-old journalist has been behind bars for allegedly raping the junior colleague in a lift of a star hotel during Tehelka`s Thinkfest in Goa in November last year.
He sought bail after Goa Crime branch filed a charge sheet against Tejpal for rape, outraging modesty and sexual harassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'