Infighting in drug gangs behind Nigerian`s killing: Report
New Delhi: Ministry of External Affairs on Friday said it has received a report from the Goa government in which preliminary leads indicate infighting between possible drug- related gangs behind the killing of the Nigerian in that state last week.
"We have received the report which is a `factual description` of the incident, action taken by the police and the status of the investigation," the Spokesperson in the MEA said.
He also said as per the report, "preliminary leads indicate infighting between the possible drug-related groups leading to the killing."
The report also gives details of the aftermath of the incident, including detention of the 52 Nigerians involved in blocking the highway when the body was being taken for the postmortem, the Spokesperson added.
The state police had also arrested a Goan youth in connection with the killing of the Nigerian national on October 31 which sparked protests by his fellowmen.
The special investigation squad had earlier this week arrested a Goan youth in connection with the killing of Obodo Uzoma Simeon on October 31.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has already termed the murder as a drug related crime.
The MEA, which is in touch with the Nigerian High Commission here, will now share the elements of the state government report with the mission.
The High Commission, while raising the issue with the India, had expressed "concern and anguish" over the killing of its national.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!