IRB constable suspended for sleazy MMS scandal
Panaji: An India Reserve Battalion jawan, who was booked for shooting and circulating a sleazy clipping of his woman colleague, has been suspended pending inquiry against him, police said on Monday.
"Constable Abdul Kadar Chandsahab has been placed under suspension by the higher-ups and a disciplinary inquiry has been initiated against him," a police spokesman said.
Chandsahab allegedly shot the clipping showing him in compromising position with the woman constable in a hotel at Colva beach.
The victim had lodged a complaint against Chandsahab after he circulated the MMS, which went viral among police personnel.
Colva police are yet to arrest Chandsahab who has moved for anticipatory bail before a local court.
Deputy Inspector General Ravindra Yadav said that the inquiry would also be conducted against all the policemen who have stored the clip in their mobile phones.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani