IRB constable suspended for sleazy MMS scandal
Panaji: An India Reserve Battalion jawan, who was booked for shooting and circulating a sleazy clipping of his woman colleague, has been suspended pending inquiry against him, police said on Monday.
"Constable Abdul Kadar Chandsahab has been placed under suspension by the higher-ups and a disciplinary inquiry has been initiated against him," a police spokesman said.
Chandsahab allegedly shot the clipping showing him in compromising position with the woman constable in a hotel at Colva beach.
The victim had lodged a complaint against Chandsahab after he circulated the MMS, which went viral among police personnel.
Colva police are yet to arrest Chandsahab who has moved for anticipatory bail before a local court.
Deputy Inspector General Ravindra Yadav said that the inquiry would also be conducted against all the policemen who have stored the clip in their mobile phones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof