IRB constable suspended for sleazy MMS scandal
Panaji: An India Reserve Battalion jawan, who was booked for shooting and circulating a sleazy clipping of his woman colleague, has been suspended pending inquiry against him, police said on Monday.
"Constable Abdul Kadar Chandsahab has been placed under suspension by the higher-ups and a disciplinary inquiry has been initiated against him," a police spokesman said.
Chandsahab allegedly shot the clipping showing him in compromising position with the woman constable in a hotel at Colva beach.
The victim had lodged a complaint against Chandsahab after he circulated the MMS, which went viral among police personnel.
Colva police are yet to arrest Chandsahab who has moved for anticipatory bail before a local court.
Deputy Inspector General Ravindra Yadav said that the inquiry would also be conducted against all the policemen who have stored the clip in their mobile phones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state