IRB constable suspended for sleazy MMS scandal
Panaji: An India Reserve Battalion jawan, who was booked for shooting and circulating a sleazy clipping of his woman colleague, has been suspended pending inquiry against him, police said on Monday.
"Constable Abdul Kadar Chandsahab has been placed under suspension by the higher-ups and a disciplinary inquiry has been initiated against him," a police spokesman said.
Chandsahab allegedly shot the clipping showing him in compromising position with the woman constable in a hotel at Colva beach.
The victim had lodged a complaint against Chandsahab after he circulated the MMS, which went viral among police personnel.
Colva police are yet to arrest Chandsahab who has moved for anticipatory bail before a local court.
Deputy Inspector General Ravindra Yadav said that the inquiry would also be conducted against all the policemen who have stored the clip in their mobile phones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG