Iron ore to be e-auctioned in Goa on Monday
Panaji: Eleven companies will vie for half a million tonnes of iron ore in the first phase of the e-auction to be held in the state on Monday.
The e-auctioning exercise is being held by the State Directorate of Mines and Geology as per the Supreme Court directives and under strict supervision of the apex court`s monitoring committee.
The ore, which has been lying at various jetties since September 2012, when SC banned the exports and fresh extraction will be auctioned on Monday through a proper system, a senior department official said.
While total 15 million tonnes of ore is lying at jetties, mining leases and yards, only half a million would be auctioned in the first phase.
"The department has already stocked the samples of the ore to avoid future complications about the quality of the ore," officials said today.
After the e-auctioning, the successful bidder will have to lift the ore within 30 days.
Mines department officials said the base price of the ore is determined based on the closing index of February 13, 2014 after discounting the moisture content in the ore.
Similarly, the pricing of the ore will be different as per its location, for instance, the ore on jetty will fetch lower price compared to the one in the port.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says