KD Row named Goa Public Service Commission Chairman
Panaji: KD Row, a retired top executive of Air India, has been appointed the new Chairman of Goa Public Service Commission (GPSC).
The State Cabinet, which met today, approved Row`s appointment to the post lying vacant for the past few months, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said after the meeting.
Row retired as an Executive Director of Air India, he added.
In the past, Row had been head of Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG), an umbrella organisation of tour and travel operators in the State.
The Commission advices the State Government on matters relating to the civil services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble