Khandeparkar panel on mining needs to submit report early: Cong
Panaji: The Congress in Goa has questioned the delay over submission of report by Justice RM S Khandeparkar Committee, formed by the state government to further probe the recommendations of the Shah Commission on illegal mining.
"The functioning of any committee should be time-bound. Let them work day and night because there is an urgency in the matter," Francisco Sardinha, working president, Goa Pradesh Congress Committee told reporters today.
Sardinha said the committee needs to submit its first report as early as possible as it is concerned with people`s daily bread.
"Give the first report and if there is more to be probed then you can continue with it," the Congress leader demanded.
The Manohar Parrikar-led BJP government had appointed Khandeparkar Committee headed by the retired High Court Judge after Shah Commission pointed out several illegalities in state`s mining sector.
The Committee, constituted a year back, is yet to submit any report to the state government.
Mining activity in Goa came to a halt after a directive from the Supreme Court, which took cognizance of Justice MB Shah report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you