Konkan railway services disrupt due to land slide
Panaji: The services on Konkan railway route were severely affected Friday due to landslide in the southern village of Canacona in Goa and water logging on the tracks in north Karnataka.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Public Relation Manager Baban Ghatge said four trains, including a Delhi-bound Rajdhani express, were delayed.
Three Goa-bound trains from Karnataka and Kerala and Thiruvananthapuram-New Delhi Rajdhani express have been halted at the Bhatkal railway station in Karnataka, he said.
Ghatge said that a landslide in Canacona in south Goa at 5.30 am had initially affected the rail traffic.
The KRCL stated that they have cleared a landslide at Canacona but rail traffic cannot be resumed due to water logging in north Karnataka district.
The authorities expect the services to be resumed by evening, if rains subside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- There is a limit to everything, says Kiku Sharda on Tanmay Bhat's controversial video – Details inside
- Talgo trains in India: Know more about train that is high on technology, comfort
- Kerala's Nirbhaya: HC rules out CBI probe in Perumbavoor rape-murder case
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim dies after heart attack