Konkan railway services disrupt due to land slide
Panaji: The services on Konkan railway route were severely affected Friday due to landslide in the southern village of Canacona in Goa and water logging on the tracks in north Karnataka.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Public Relation Manager Baban Ghatge said four trains, including a Delhi-bound Rajdhani express, were delayed.
Three Goa-bound trains from Karnataka and Kerala and Thiruvananthapuram-New Delhi Rajdhani express have been halted at the Bhatkal railway station in Karnataka, he said.
Ghatge said that a landslide in Canacona in south Goa at 5.30 am had initially affected the rail traffic.
The KRCL stated that they have cleared a landslide at Canacona but rail traffic cannot be resumed due to water logging in north Karnataka district.
The authorities expect the services to be resumed by evening, if rains subside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand