Konkan railway services disrupt due to land slide
Panaji: The services on Konkan railway route were severely affected Friday due to landslide in the southern village of Canacona in Goa and water logging on the tracks in north Karnataka.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Public Relation Manager Baban Ghatge said four trains, including a Delhi-bound Rajdhani express, were delayed.
Three Goa-bound trains from Karnataka and Kerala and Thiruvananthapuram-New Delhi Rajdhani express have been halted at the Bhatkal railway station in Karnataka, he said.
Ghatge said that a landslide in Canacona in south Goa at 5.30 am had initially affected the rail traffic.
The KRCL stated that they have cleared a landslide at Canacona but rail traffic cannot be resumed due to water logging in north Karnataka district.
The authorities expect the services to be resumed by evening, if rains subside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter