Laxmikant Parsenkar`s questioned over wife`s medical treatment
Panaji: Controversy erupted in Goa Wednesday after the state health minister`s wife became the first patient to be treated in a plush private ward of a newly inaugurated government hospital.
Laxmikant Parsenkar`s wife Smita was recently admitted in the private ward of the Goa Medical College, which comes under the control of the state`s health minister. She was the first person to be treated there after its inauguration.
The issue was raised in the state assembly by Independent member Naresh Sawal.
"Please tell us how is it that your wife was the first patient to be admitted at the first ever private ward of the Goa Medical College, which you operate. Were there no other patients who were more deserving? Why did your wife have to inaugurate it?" Sawal asked the minister.
Parsenkar claimed it was only a "coincidence" that his wife was unwell, when the private ward was thrown open for the public.
"Now that the private ward is functional, any MLA, his wife or child can fall sick. They will be admitted," Parsenkar, the former state Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president, said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India