Legislator loses `cool` over `Kya Super Kool..`
Panaji: A Congress legislator on Wednesday demanded ban on the screening of recently released movie `Kya Super Kool Hai Hum` for allegedly showing a Catholic priest in poor light.
Legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco raised this issue during the ongoing state Assembly session, stating that the character of a priest, played by actor Chunky Pandey, was shown in poor light and demanded intervention of Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar to ban the screening of the movie.
Responding to the issue, Parrikar said, "It is not within the jurisdiction of the state government to ban the screening of the movie. I have not seen the movie, so I can`t say anything."
He said it is the duty of the Censor Board to cut the scenes or not issue a certificate, if it has such content.
"But I will follow up the issue with the Union government, if you submit me the written request," Parrikar told Lourenco.
Poduced by Ekta Kapoor, the movie was released last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest