Legislator loses `cool` over `Kya Super Kool..`
Panaji: A Congress legislator on Wednesday demanded ban on the screening of recently released movie `Kya Super Kool Hai Hum` for allegedly showing a Catholic priest in poor light.
Legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco raised this issue during the ongoing state Assembly session, stating that the character of a priest, played by actor Chunky Pandey, was shown in poor light and demanded intervention of Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar to ban the screening of the movie.
Responding to the issue, Parrikar said, "It is not within the jurisdiction of the state government to ban the screening of the movie. I have not seen the movie, so I can`t say anything."
He said it is the duty of the Censor Board to cut the scenes or not issue a certificate, if it has such content.
"But I will follow up the issue with the Union government, if you submit me the written request," Parrikar told Lourenco.
Poduced by Ekta Kapoor, the movie was released last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed