Legislator loses `cool` over `Kya Super Kool..`
Panaji: A Congress legislator on Wednesday demanded ban on the screening of recently released movie `Kya Super Kool Hai Hum` for allegedly showing a Catholic priest in poor light.
Legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco raised this issue during the ongoing state Assembly session, stating that the character of a priest, played by actor Chunky Pandey, was shown in poor light and demanded intervention of Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar to ban the screening of the movie.
Responding to the issue, Parrikar said, "It is not within the jurisdiction of the state government to ban the screening of the movie. I have not seen the movie, so I can`t say anything."
He said it is the duty of the Censor Board to cut the scenes or not issue a certificate, if it has such content.
"But I will follow up the issue with the Union government, if you submit me the written request," Parrikar told Lourenco.
Poduced by Ekta Kapoor, the movie was released last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi