Legislator loses `cool` over `Kya Super Kool..`
Panaji: A Congress legislator on Wednesday demanded ban on the screening of recently released movie `Kya Super Kool Hai Hum` for allegedly showing a Catholic priest in poor light.
Legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco raised this issue during the ongoing state Assembly session, stating that the character of a priest, played by actor Chunky Pandey, was shown in poor light and demanded intervention of Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar to ban the screening of the movie.
Responding to the issue, Parrikar said, "It is not within the jurisdiction of the state government to ban the screening of the movie. I have not seen the movie, so I can`t say anything."
He said it is the duty of the Censor Board to cut the scenes or not issue a certificate, if it has such content.
"But I will follow up the issue with the Union government, if you submit me the written request," Parrikar told Lourenco.
Poduced by Ekta Kapoor, the movie was released last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway