Legislator loses `cool` over `Kya Super Kool..`
Panaji: A Congress legislator on Wednesday demanded ban on the screening of recently released movie `Kya Super Kool Hai Hum` for allegedly showing a Catholic priest in poor light.
Legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco raised this issue during the ongoing state Assembly session, stating that the character of a priest, played by actor Chunky Pandey, was shown in poor light and demanded intervention of Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar to ban the screening of the movie.
Responding to the issue, Parrikar said, "It is not within the jurisdiction of the state government to ban the screening of the movie. I have not seen the movie, so I can`t say anything."
He said it is the duty of the Censor Board to cut the scenes or not issue a certificate, if it has such content.
"But I will follow up the issue with the Union government, if you submit me the written request," Parrikar told Lourenco.
Poduced by Ekta Kapoor, the movie was released last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing