LS polls: NCP to support Congress in Goa
Panaji: After dithering for months, the Congress and the Nationalist Congress Party Sunday finally announced that the two parties would continue their alliance in Goa for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Addressing a joint press conference, state presidents of both the parties said the alliance would help secure "secular" votes in the two Lok Sabha seats in Goa and help defeat the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"With this alliance we have become undefeatable," Congress state president John Fernandes told reporters here.
NCP president Nilkanth Halarnkar admitted there was delay on his party`s end to formalise the alliance, but also added that without a tie-up, the BJP would have benefited.
"That was the reason why we finally said yes," Halarnkar said.
The NCP had earlier threatened to pull out of the alliance if it was not allotted one of the two Lok Sabha seats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan