LS polls: NCP to support Congress in Goa
Panaji: After dithering for months, the Congress and the Nationalist Congress Party Sunday finally announced that the two parties would continue their alliance in Goa for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Addressing a joint press conference, state presidents of both the parties said the alliance would help secure "secular" votes in the two Lok Sabha seats in Goa and help defeat the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"With this alliance we have become undefeatable," Congress state president John Fernandes told reporters here.
NCP president Nilkanth Halarnkar admitted there was delay on his party`s end to formalise the alliance, but also added that without a tie-up, the BJP would have benefited.
"That was the reason why we finally said yes," Halarnkar said.
The NCP had earlier threatened to pull out of the alliance if it was not allotted one of the two Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC exams: Panel to recommend lowering of age limit for civil services exam
- BJP holds huge protest outside Mamata Banerjee's residence over attack on Roopa Ganguly's convoy
- Here’s what Kajol feels about the film industry
- Ayutthaya: Once a diplomatic hub in the Siamese kingdom, now a Thailand heritage site
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check