Man held for raping girlfriend`s 4-yr-old daughter
Panaji: A 31-year-old man allegedly raped his Iranian girlfriend`s four-year-old daughter while they were holidaying near here, police said on Tuesday.
The accused, Ashley Crasta, a Mumbai resident, was arrested by Anjuna police yesterday, after his girlfriend filed a complaint in connection with the offence.
Crasta, who was holidaying in Goa with her girlfriend and staying in a rented house at Arpora, about 15 kms from here, raped the child on January 22 when her mother had gone to a market.
Later, the child informed her mother about the offence following which she filed a complaint at a local police station.
Crasta fled from Arpora after he got to know of the police complaint against him, but was traced to Anjuna village by the police.
He has been booked under sections 376 (rape), 377 (unnatural offence) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the IPC and section 4 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and section 8(2) of Goa Children`s Act, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days