Man jumps to death after uploading pics of his slit wrist
Panaji: A 26-year-old man allegedly committed suicide in a dramatic way by cutting his wrist, uploading his wounded pictures on a social networking website and then jumping into Zuari River from a bridge here, police said on Saturday.
The incident happened on Friday evening amidst constant traffic flow on the bridge, 15 kms from here. Hemant Gawande, hailing from Curchorem village, arrived on the bridge on his two-wheeler, parked it midway, cut his wrist, uploaded the picture on Facebook and jumped into the river, they said.
Passers-by, who witnessed the entire incident, had tried to convince him not to take the drastic step, but he ended his life even as police rushed to the spot.
Immediately, divers were summoned but the man could not be saved. Later police fished out his body around 9.30 pm.
The reason behind the extreme step could be a one sided love, probably related to someone who is there on his friend list on the website, a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...