Man jumps to death after uploading pics of his slit wrist
Panaji: A 26-year-old man allegedly committed suicide in a dramatic way by cutting his wrist, uploading his wounded pictures on a social networking website and then jumping into Zuari River from a bridge here, police said on Saturday.
The incident happened on Friday evening amidst constant traffic flow on the bridge, 15 kms from here. Hemant Gawande, hailing from Curchorem village, arrived on the bridge on his two-wheeler, parked it midway, cut his wrist, uploaded the picture on Facebook and jumped into the river, they said.
Passers-by, who witnessed the entire incident, had tried to convince him not to take the drastic step, but he ended his life even as police rushed to the spot.
Immediately, divers were summoned but the man could not be saved. Later police fished out his body around 9.30 pm.
The reason behind the extreme step could be a one sided love, probably related to someone who is there on his friend list on the website, a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents