Manohar Parrikar sworn in as Goa Chief Minister
Panaji: Manohar Parrikar, who spearheaded
BJP`s emphatic win in assembly polls with majority of its own
for the first time, today took oath as Chief Minister of Goa
at the head of a 6-member coalition government.
Four BJP legislators Dayanand Mandrekar, Laxmikant
Parsekar, Matanhy Saldana and Francis D`souza along with BJP`s
pre-poll Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party`s Ramakrishna
Dhavalikar were also sworn in.
For the first time in the history of Goa, the swearing-in
was held in an open ground, instead of at the Raj Bhavan.
Goa Governor, K Sankaranarayanan, administered the oath.
BJP President Nitin Gadkari, senior leaders L K Advani, Sushma
Swaraj, Ravi Shankar Prasad, M Venkaiah Naidu and Rajiv Pratap
Rudy were also present.
For the first time, BJP on its own secured majority in
the 40-member Assembly with 21 members in recent elections.
The BJP-led alliance, with the support of 26
legislators--three from MGP and two independents--had staked
claim to form the government on March 6 after it swept the
assembly polls, toppling the Congress-NCP.
56-year-old Parrikar had earlier been the chief minister
twice at the head of coalitions but could never complete his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'