Manohar Parrikar sworn in as Goa Chief Minister
Panaji: Manohar Parrikar, who spearheaded
BJP`s emphatic win in assembly polls with majority of its own
for the first time, today took oath as Chief Minister of Goa
at the head of a 6-member coalition government.
Four BJP legislators Dayanand Mandrekar, Laxmikant
Parsekar, Matanhy Saldana and Francis D`souza along with BJP`s
pre-poll Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party`s Ramakrishna
Dhavalikar were also sworn in.
For the first time in the history of Goa, the swearing-in
was held in an open ground, instead of at the Raj Bhavan.
Goa Governor, K Sankaranarayanan, administered the oath.
BJP President Nitin Gadkari, senior leaders L K Advani, Sushma
Swaraj, Ravi Shankar Prasad, M Venkaiah Naidu and Rajiv Pratap
Rudy were also present.
For the first time, BJP on its own secured majority in
the 40-member Assembly with 21 members in recent elections.
The BJP-led alliance, with the support of 26
legislators--three from MGP and two independents--had staked
claim to form the government on March 6 after it swept the
assembly polls, toppling the Congress-NCP.
56-year-old Parrikar had earlier been the chief minister
twice at the head of coalitions but could never complete his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!