Margao blast: 5 arrested having allegiance with Sanatan Sanstha
Panaji: Sanatan Sanstha`s link to Margao
blast conspiracy is getting thicker with all five accused
arrested in the case having allegiance to the Hindu right wing
organisation operating from Goa, police said.
The latest arrest of Dhananjay Ashtekar(20), an
Electronic Engineering student from Khed in Ratnagiri is also
associated with Sanatan Sanstha`s activities.
He was arrested on Wednesday evening by state police`s
Special Investigation Team (SIT), which is mandated to probe
"He is related to Sanstha and has made it clear during
his interrogation," Superintendent of Police and spokesperson
for Goa police department Atmaram Deshpande told a news agency today.
Ashtekar was studying in an engineering college at
Ichalkaranji, a town in Maharashtra.
Deshpande said that the youth was being interrogated
over blast case and only when there was sufficient material on
record to prove his involvement, he was placed under arrest.
Ashtekar is the fifth Sanatan Sanstha activist found
to be linked with the blast conspiracy which went awry on the
eve of Diwali.
Earlier two accused, Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik,
who died in the Margao blast and two arrested persons, Vinayak
Patil and Vinay Talekar, have confessed their links to
Sanstha, which operates through its Ashram at Ramnathi.
Deshpande had earlier said that the Sanstha is under
scanner as its activists are part of the blast conspiracy.
The police have, however, refused to move for a ban
against Sanstha as there are no enough evidence to rope in it
for the conspiracy.
The Margao blast took place on October 16 killing two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day