Margao blast accused blame Goa HM for fabricating evidence
Panaji: Four Margao bomb blast case accused
have charged Goa Home Minister Ravi Naik with being personally
involved in fabricating and manipulating evidence in the case.
In an application moved before the district and sessions
court on Thursday, Sanjiv Punalkar, the lawyer representing
the four accused -- Vinayak Patil, Vinay Talekar, Dhananjay
Ashtekar and Dilip Mangaonkar -- said they would be producing
evidences or witnesses to prove Naik`s involvement in the
"These evidences would prove personal involvement of Naik
in fabricating and manipulating evidence in collusion with
officials of Ponda Police Station," he claimed.
Punalkar said that any delay in the trial may hamper
their attempt to expose the involvement of the minister.
"Any delay in trial may result in the Home Minister
discovering the names of those police personnel who would be
important witnesses for the accused in testifying about the
fabrication of evidence," the application said.
The four accused have moved the application for speedy
trial under NIA Act.
The application said the NIA Act, 2008 made it mandatory
for the trial to be conducted in a special court when an
agency probed any scheduled offence.
The lawyer said the accused are ready for daily trial
"It becomes necessary, mandatory and obligatory that the
court shall hold trial on day-to-day basis on all working
days," the application said.
Punalkar said that the accused had no objection to
district and sessions court hearing the case in absence of a
special court. "We hope that the judge will grant day-to-day
hearing," he said.
Six persons, all affiliated to Sanatan Sanstha, were
arrested following a blast in Margao on Diwali eve in 2009.
The National Investigating Agency (NIA) has chargesheeted
twelve accused in the case, of which four are still on the run
while two -- Yogesh Naik and Malgonda Patil died in the
The order in the application is fixed for August 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble