Medical test registers 13 bruises on Russian girl`s body
Panaji: A medical test conducted on the
Russian girl, who was allegedly raped by a high profile Goa
politician, has registered 13 bruises on her body, which she
apparently suffered while resisting the sexual abuse.
Police who medically examined the 25-year-old girl twice,
once before the rape charges were pressed against the accused
and after that, are waiting for the forensic report of the
vaginal swab sent for test at Hyderabad-based laboratory.
Goa Crime Branch is investigating the case wherein the
Russian girl, working at a five star resort here, has alleged
that John Fernandes, 34, who unsuccessfully contested the
state legislative assembly polls in 2007, had raped her after
spiking a drink on December one mid-night at Colva in South
Crime Branch sources said that John has applied for
anticipatory bail in the local court and a final order on his
petition is scheduled tomorrow.
The state police initially registered the case as attempt
to rape and later when it was handed over to Crime Branch,
charge of rape under Indian penal code (IPC) was added to it,
prompting a second medical test on the victim.
The girl in her letter to Russian Consulate had said that
Colva police station in-charge Siddhant Shirodkar asked her to
tone down the case citing that John is an influential
Shirodkar, according to the victim, had warned her that
she will lose her job and visa, if she sues John. The accused,
who has a boat manufacturing industry in Cuncolim industrial
estate here, is yet to be interrogated by Crime Branch.
Sources confirmed that police are yet to attach the car used
for the offence.
The victim is in Goa on a business visa and works as a
Russian representative for a hotel. Talking to PTI she said
this is for the second time that she has been in India and
chose to work here after graduating from Russia’s Yauoslawl
Milroy Antao, a local, who is close friend of the
victim, said that the accused has been constantly pressuring
him to pursue the Russian girl to withdraw the complaint.
"John called me several times asking to withdraw the
complaint or at least tone it down. He also sent few of his
supporters to me," Antao, who runs an event management company
in the state, said.
He said that he has already given a statement to crime
branch listing out instances of how John tried to influence
him to withdraw the complaint.
"I told him specifically that I am not raped... It’s the
girl who has faced humiliation and I will stand by her in her
fight for justice," Antao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day